GRETB Youth Advocacy Service
(Galway City/Galway County/Roscommon)
Who are we:
The GRETB’s Youth Advocacy Service is a community based service whose goal is to provide career path planning and support to young people between the ages of 16 – 21 years old who are:
- At risk of leaving school or
- Who have already fallen out of mainstream education with little or no qualifications
What We Do:
Following a client referral, the Advocacy Service works with a young person in a number of ways.
- A one-to-one meeting is arranged with the person where previous education, training or work experience is discussed.
- All realistic options open to the client are explored along with stumbling blocks or issues which prevents the client from reengaging with education or progressing onwards.
- The client’s strengths are acknowledged with the aim of providing a positive future direction.
- A tailored made career path plan is then put in place along with clear and attainable short term goals, with a view to motivating and progressing the young person to further education, training, or employment.
- Galway City Youth Advocacy Service also offers a range of psychometric assessments covering areas such as basic skills, motivation, personality and career interests which, where deemed appropriate, may be used to assist the client’s decision making.
How to contact us/make a referral:
For further information, or to make a referral to the GRETB Youth Advocacy Service please contact: email@example.com, 087 9885968